Not until I tasted home made almond butter, did I realize that they taste incredible! The creamy smooth almond butter can be used in smoothies, on toasts, as a dressing, on pancakes, milkshakes, as a dipping alongside fruits or can be just eaten plain to reap all the goodness it has to offer. Loaded with antioxidants from vitamin E, magnesium, healthy fats, protein and fiber, almond butter has an impressive nutritional profile and is a winner to include in daily diet.
10 – 15 mins
- Dry roasted almonds – 1 cup
- Soak almonds in water overnight adding half a tea spoon of salt to the water.
- Drain the water and allow them to dry.
- Now roast them dry on a large pan until they are crisp and start emitting aroma or roast them in the oven for about 15 mins at 180’c .
- Now blend the almonds in a high speed blender, scraping the sides of the blender jar periodically. Continue to blend until they form a smooth paste.