Winter brings an abundance of apples and these apple crumble pie bars is all you need! These crumbly, caramelly, warmly spiced delectable apple pie bars is the dessert you have been looking for! A delicate chewy crust with a tender juicy caramel filling of apples and crumbly top is a classic arrangement of desserty goodness. They are absolutely vegan, gluten free made with oats crust with gooey apple filling on top sprinkled with crust crumbles. They are great for Thanksgiving and Christmas and for the entire time of fall to relish. They are simply bar versions of an apple pie and truly a decadent dessert to indulge on. Let’s get started!
Apple Crumble Pie Bars
Ingredients for crust :
Oats flour – 2 cup
Palm Jaggery syrup- ¼ cup
Coconut oil – 2 Tbsp
Plant based milk – ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp
- Ingredients for Pie filling:
Apples – 3 big, peeled, cored and sliced
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Palm jaggery syrup – ¼ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Arrow root flour- 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Pinch of salt
- For preparing crust, in a bowl add 2 cups oats flour, 2 Tbsp coconut oil, 1/4 cup palm jaggery syrup, 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp plant based milk and mix well. Combine the mixture into a dough.
- For apple pie filling, heat a wok pan and add 1 tsp coconut oil, 1/4 cup palm jaggery syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp salt and stir well. Now add 3 large peeled, cored, sliced apples and give a good mix.
- Close the lid and cook until the apple pieces are soft and tender yet firm. Add a slurry of 1 Tbsp arrow root powder mixed with 3 Tbsp water and mix well. Turn off the heat when the mixture starts to thicken. Pie filling is ready.
- Assemble crust dough and pie filling. Divide the crust dough into 3 equal parts. Combine two parts to form the crust. Reserve the third part to add as crumble on the top.
- Take a pie dish, grease it with oil and line a parchment paper. Spread the crust dough on the pie dish pressing on all the sides.
- As crust is ready, add the apple pie filling to the crust. Crumble the reserved dough and sprinkle it on the top of pie filling.
- Bake this for about 40 mins in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius. When done take it out of oven and allow to cool.
- Store it in the refrigerator to set. Can also be consumed without refrigerating. Serve and enjoy !