This is a simple and easy cookie recipe which makes classic oat cookies that are crunchy, scrumptious and addictive. I say addictive because they are so tasty that you just can’t get enough. Made from oat flour and bananas, these cookies are vegan, gluten free and are made from the healthiest of ingredients that you can simply indulge on without any guilt I promise.
BANANA Oat cookies
30 to 40
Oat flour – 2 cups
Coconut oil – 1/4 cup
Banana, mashed – 1/4 cup
Jaggery powder / sweetener of choice – 3 to 4 Tbsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Water – 1 to 2 Tbsp
Add ons – Nuts / Chocolate chips ( optional )
- In a bowl add 2 cup oat flour , 3 to 4 Tbsp jaggery powder, 1/4 tsp salt, chocolate chips or nuts of choice and mix. To this add 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup mashed banana and combine well to form a dough.
- Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water if the dough mixture is loose.
- Scoop small mixture of the dough and press between your palms to form thin cookie shape. Alternatively the dough can be rolled flat on a parchment paper and cut into shapes using cookie cutter.
- Preheat an oven at 180 degree celsius for 10 mins. Assemble the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 15 mins until the cookies turn light golden brown.
- Take them out of oven when done and allow to cool to room temperature. Cookies will be soft when hot and hardens on cooling.
- Enjoy them as you like when ready 🙂