Oats are amongst the healthiest grains on earth and are perfect for breakfast. Overnight oats are ‘no cook’ quick method of preparing your oatmeal that requires soaking oats in milk/ liquids with other add inns and resting them to set in fridge overnight. And what more, by morning you have your healthy delicious breakfast ready to grab and go. I share a classic overnight oats recipe here that’s easy to prepare and also tastes delish.
Classic overnight oats
- Gluten-free rolled oats – 1/2 cup
- Chia seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Jaggery syrup/ coconut sugar/ sweetener of your choice – 1 Tbsp
- Peanut butter – 2 Tbsp
- Almond milk/ Milk of your choice – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 Tbsp (optional)
- Fruits/nuts of your choice for toppings
- Combine milk, sweetener, 1 Tbsp of peanut butter and vanilla extract in a bowl or a jar and whisk it well.
- Add rolled oats and chia seeds to the blend and mix well.
- Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, top it with a Tbsp of peanut butter and fruits/nuts of your choice. Serve chilled and enjoy.