Pumpkin pie is an ever classic dessert which is simply a blend of sweetened pumpkin custard in a crispy pie crust. This pie is luscious, creamy and delectably vegan. This recipe is ridiculously simple to make and is a must try for holiday parties and simply anytime you are craving a sweet treat! What more, it is perfectly gluten free and oh so delicious! Have one slice, or two or three, you are absolutely safe to not feel guilty because you are insured with only healthiest ingredients and we promise 🙂
Classic Vegan Pumpkin Pie (Gluten Free)
8 – 10 slices
Oat flour – 2 cups, gluten free
Coconut oil – 6 Tbsp
Almond milk – 1 cup or as needed ( Any vegan milk/ water )
Palm jaggery – 1 Tbsp ( Any sweetener) ( optional )
pinch of Salt
Pumpkin puree – 2 cup
Palm jaggery powder/ coconut sugar – 1/2 cup (adjust as desired)
Almond milk – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon – 1 Tbsp
Arrow root powder or cornstarch – 2 1/2 Tbsp
Nutmeg powder to taste
Pinch of salt
- To prepare the crust, add oat flour, salt and palm jaggery in a mixing bowl and mix well. Now add coconut oil and almond milk/ water in increments and combine well until it forms a firm dough. Knead the dough well.
- Now place the pie crust dough into a greased pie dish and use your fingers to press it across the bottom and up the sides of the dish. You can make pretty pattern at the edges pressing with fingers if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the filling, cook and puree the pumpkin. In a bowl add all the ingredients under filling and combine well. Taste and adjust the flavour if needed.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread it with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes and allow it to cool for 3 hour or can also be kept in fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Slice and serve and enjoy!