If there can be something that is considered a fruit, a seed or a nut, it has to be coconut. Whatever you name them, they are just a blessing to this planet which is a wonder food with plethora of health benefits. What more, they taste so heavenly and can turn any food into deliciousness. From smoothies to soups to baked foods to ice creams to savories, coconut milk is used in variety of dishes. Preparing coconut milk is inexpensive and easy. Come let’s prepare some rich, nutritiously delish coconut milk.
Creamy Coconut Milk
- Coconut flesh, grated – 2 cups
- Water – 3 to 4 cups
- Blend grated coconut and about 2 cups of water in a blender until ground thoroughly for about few mins.
- Strain the mixture with a strainer to obtain the coconut milk. This is the thick coconut milk or the first extract.
- Collect and put back the coconut pulp into the blender and add about 1 – 2 cups of water and blend again. Strain this mixture and collect the coconut milk in another bowl. This coconut milk will have thinner consistency or the second extract.
- Use it fresh in the cooking or can be stored in the refrigerator for the later use.