Sweet potatoes are delicious root vegetables that are remarkably high in vitamin A. Rich in good carbs, they are relatively low in calories as they feel light in the stomach and are nourishing. Bake them, boil them, mash them, fry them, they are yummy. This baked sweet potato recipe is very simple and easy to make and is super healthy than the commercially available deep fried fries and store bought chips.
crispy Baked sweet potato
25 – 30 mins
Sweet potatoes – 2, medium, thinly sliced
Chilli powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and position the oven rack in the center.
- Thoroughly wash the sweet potatoes and peel them. Slice them into thin rounds uniformly using a slicer or a knife.
- Combine olive oil, chilli powder, oregano, salt in a mixing bowl. Add sliced sweet potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Lay out the slices on a baking sheet in a single layer, leaving space around them. Bake them on each side for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the oven and allow it to cool for more crispness. The slices that are too thick in parts won’t come out perfectly crisp but would still taste great.
- Snack it right away and enjoy!