Ivy gourd is called with different names such as Tendli/ Tondi/ Scarlet gourd/ Tindora and other. These gourds might not be widely known but are one of the versatile and amazing vegetables to get your hands on. This recipe that I’m sharing now is one of the easiest ever and you will thank me for letting you know. You excited? I see that! Let’s get started.
Ivy gourd stir fry
- Ivy gourd – 100 gms
- Garlic cloves – 6 to 7
- Coconut oil for frying
- Salt for taste
- Cut the ivy gourds into pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a stir fry pan on the stove and add a tsp of coconut oil to it.
- Add 6 to 7 cloves of garlic and stir them in medium flame until they caramelize. This step is important as this shall impart the flavor to the gourd.
- Now add the gourds to the pan and add salt to it and stir.
- Add a little water here about 3 to 4 Tsp for the gourd to cook.
- Close the lid and allow it to steam in low flame for about 10 mins. Bigger pieces of gourd may take more time to cook.
- Turn off the flame once they turn soft and serve.