For all the good reasons I’m so addicted to muskmelon these days and they have been my go to fruit to beat the exhaustion of summer! As I had a completely ripened muskmelon sitting in my kitchen the other day, I decided I’ll make some dessert out of it and wondered how about a baked pie? and decided to make this pie. To be honest, that was the best decision ever for they turned extremely delicious and satiating. Musk melons are amazing summer fruits that are good for digestion and great for the skin.
- Pie Crust
Oats flour – 1 cup
Plant based milk / Water – 1/2 cup
Coconut oil – 3 Tbsp
Jaggery/ Any sweetener – 1 Tbsp
Pinch of salt
- Muskmelon filling
Musk melon pieces – 1 1/2 cup
Coconut sugar/ Jaggery – 4 Tbsp (adjust as desired)
Cinnamon – 1 Tsp
Arrowroot starch/ Tapioca starch – 1 1/2 Tbsp
Nutmeg powder to taste ( optional )
Pinch of salt
- To prepare the crust, add oats flour, salt and jaggery in a mixing bowl and mix well. Now add coconut oil and Plant based milk/ water in increments and combine well until it forms a firm dough. Knead the dough well.
- Now place the pie crust dough into a greased pie dish and use your fingers to press it across the bottom and the sides of the dish. You can make pretty pattern at the edges pressing with fingers if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- For the filling, blend all the ingredients under Muskmelon filling in a blender. Now transfer this mixture to a pan and cook it in low flame, while stirring it constantly. When the mixture thickens up, turn off the heat and allow it to cool down. Taste and adjust the flavour if needed.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread it with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes and allow it to cool for 3 hours or can also be kept in fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Slice and serve and enjoy!