Ever wondered that you can make no bake bars out of beetroot and they can taste absolutely irresistibly delicious! You might not quite have thought of it, but I bet that if once you try this, you will fall in love and keep wanting it more! Still doubting it? Then you really need to try this to witness it 😀 These bars are made of all healthy ingredients that you cannot feel guilty over eating them. With the goodness of beetroots, oats, nuts and dried fruits, these bars pack healthy fats, protein, nutrients and natural sugars. Are you in to relish this deliciousness?
Beetroot Oats Bars with lime Cashew Cream Topping (No bake, Gluten free)
9, 1”square bars
Beetroot bar base
Raw walnuts – 1 cup
Whole dates – 1/2 cup
Raisins – 1/3 cup
Oats flour – 1/3 cup ( Gluten free )
Beetroot – 1/3 cup, grated
Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lime Cashew cream topping
Cashews – 3/4 cup, washed and soaked in water for min 3 hours
Coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Palm jaggery – 1 tsp ( or any sweetener of your choice )
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Water – 2 Tbsp
Zest of 1 lime
- Line a small pan or a container with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients of Beetroot bar base into the blender and blend until they begin to stick together. Scrape the sides occasionally.
- Spread the blended mixture evenly in the parchment lined container and place it in the freezer for about an hour.
- Now make the lime cashew cream topping. Add all the ingredients listed under into the blender and blend until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Spread this cream mixture evenly on the top of beetroot bar base and sprinkle lemon zest on top of it if desired and keep it in the freezer for another hour.
- When set, remove from the freezer and allow it to thaw for few minutes and serve. These bars can keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks in an airtight container.