These gluten free, no bake carrot walnut millet bars made with the goodness of carrots and walnuts, and fiber rich millet, with the natural sweetness of dates is all you need. Can eating dessert get more healthy and indulgent than this? Well you need to try them for real, to know it 😀 You can spoil yourself with this dessert yet you cannot go wrong, rest assured 😉 They are rich, delicious and oh so satiating!
No Bake Carrot Walnut Millet Bars
9, 1”square bars
- Carrot Walnut Millet Bar
Raw walnuts – 1 cup
Whole dates – 1/2 cup
Raisins – 1/3 cup
Millet flour – 1/3 cup, dry roasted in pan
Carrot– 1/3 cup, grated
Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Cashew Cream Frosting
Cashews – 3/4 cup, washed and soaked in water for min 3 hours
Coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Palm jaggery – 1 tsp ( or any sweetener of your choice )
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Water – 2 Tbsp
- Dry roast the millet flour on a low flame in a pan until fragrant and allow it to cool.
- Line a small pan or a container with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients of Carrot Walnut Millet Bar into the blender and blend until they begin to stick together. Scrape the sides occasionally.
- Spread the blended mixture evenly in the parchment lined container and place it in the freezer for about an hour.
- Now make the Cashew Cream Frosting. Add all the ingredients listed under, into the blender and blend until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Spread this cream mixture evenly on the top of Carrot Walnut Millet Bar and keep it in the freezer for another hour. Top it with any of your desired nuts or seeds.
- When set, remove from the freezer and allow it to thaw for few minutes and serve. These bars can keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks in an airtight container.