I’m a huge fan of peanut butter and ever since I turned vegan, peanut butter is one of the staple requirement in my pantry and a day without it looks outright lifeless. I mean I soo love this nut butter. Lol. After reading the list of all undesirable preservatives in the commercial peanut butters, I decided I’ll prepare this by myself and ever since no looking back! And you know what? Preparing peanut butter requires only one ingredient and you can also include some music for some happy dance!
creamy peanut butter
15 – 20 mins
- Raw shelled peanut – 500 g
- Roast the peanuts in a large pan until they are light brown and roasted well. Alternatively you can also roast them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 180ºC .
- Once the peanuts are ready, allow them to cool to room temperature and peel the skin off.
- Now blend the peanuts in the food processor, stopping periodically scraping down the sides and continue to blend until you achieve the creamy consistency ( you just gotta keep up some patience here unless you are using a high powered blender, awww this is when you can start doing some happy dance with the music, haha)
- Now as the butter is ready, transfer it into a jar and store in a cool place.
- For the crunchier version of peanut butter, remove 1/2 cup of broken nuts and set aside (From step 2) and add it to the creamy butter.