This nutty crunchy stir fry serves as an amazing side dish with meals. And if you are a peanut lover, this is specially made for you. The scrumptious antioxidant packed capsicums are a powerhouse of vitamin C having you a whole range of B vitamins covered. What more, peanuts added to any dish is always a win win because the flavour and goodness of peanuts is a real deal and can just not go wrong. This recipe is protein rich and absolutely simple and delicious.
peanut capsicum stir fry
Peanuts/ groundnuts – 1/2 cup
Capsicums – 2, small to medium, deseeded, chopped into small pieces
Besan or chickpea flour – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
White sesame seeds – 1 Tbsp
palm sugar or Jaggery – 1 to 2 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt to taste
- Dry roast the peanuts in a pan until fragrant and light brown. When cool, remove the skin and coarsely grind the nuts in a mixer.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and as they start changing colour, add sesame seeds and ground peanuts and combine well.
- Add capsicum and salt and stir well until it is done.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tsp oil in another pan and add chickpea flour to it and saute until lightly brown. Add 1 or 2 tsp palm sugar and mix well. Saute the mixture until fragrant.
- Now add the peanut capsicum mixture to this pan and blend well. Adjust the salt. Saute for 2 mins. Remove from heat and serve.