Fruit salad and protein? oh yeah, it’s super easy to give a twist to salads and make it nutrition rich with just some additional magic ingredients. This is unlike your average salad because this dish tastes oh so delicious with added goodness of greens and nuts. What not it’s another healthy way of dosing yourself with all the awesomeness of fruits, nuts and greens. Let’s get started!
Protein punch fruit salad
5 to 6 servings
- Cucumber – 1 small, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- Spinach – 3 cups, chopped medium
- Pomegranate – 1/2 cup seeds
- Apple – 1 medium, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- Fresh grapes – 1/2 cup
- Orange – 1 medium, chopped
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs, chopped
- Raisins – 1/4 cup
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Roasted Cashews – 1/4 cup, chopped
salad Dressing ingredients
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Jaggery syrup/ Maple syrup – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 4 to 6 tbsp
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
Preparation of dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together juice of orange, lemon, along with jaggery syrup, salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil in a steady stream and whisk thoroughly.
Preparation of Salad
- Prepare the salad dressing and keep it ready.
- Combine all the salad ingredients mentioned above except the last three in a bowl.
- Add dressing to the mixture and mix well.
- Now add roasted peanuts, cashews and raisins. Toss well and serve.