Who knew raw desserts can be so delicious and indulgent? Well, off late I’m exploring new desserts to make, as desserts are must for me around my meal times and when I came across mini tarts, they looked too cute to be ignored and immediately jumped in to try them and voila, all I discovered was a yummy decadent dessert that is so simple yet equally tasty. Made these mini avocado tarts with minimal ingredients as possible and totally in love with them.
Raw Avocado Mini Tarts
18 mini tarts
- Ingredients for the crust
Walnuts – 1/2 cup
Dates – 7 to 8 large, pitted
- Ingredients for the filling
Avocado – 2 small or 1 large
Jaggery syrup / Any liquid sweetener of your choice – 1/4 cup
Lime juice – 1 Tbsp
- In a mixer jar, add walnuts and dates and grind them coarsely. This is our crust.
- Take mini tart paper cups and press the crust at the bottom of the cup. Makes around 18 mini tarts. Place them in the freezer for 45 mins to set.
- To make the filling, in a blender add the pulp of avocado, jaggery syrup, lemon juice and blend until smooth. Do not over blend as the mixture may turn bitter.
- Take out the mini tart crusts from the freezer and pour in the avocado filling into the cups. Sprinkle any toppings of your choice.
- Place them in the freezer for 4 hours to set or leave them overnight.
- After the tarts are set in the freezer, take them out and allow them to thaw for 1 to 2 mins before eating them and enjoy!