Mushrooms are amongst the amazing foods that promote good health and healing. Edible mushrooms come in variety of shapes and sizes and colors and offer unique taste to food. As they are low in calories, low in fats, rich in antioxidants, these edible fungi are great way to glam up dishes to offer immune boosting benefits. This simple stuffed mushroom recipe with cashew cream dressing is lip smackingly delicious and require no cooking skills. Add it as a side dish to your main meal or just bake em for snacking, you will have them wanting more!
Stuffed Mushrooms with cashew cream dressing
Large white button mushrooms – 15
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Coriander leaves -2 Tbsp, finely chopped
Black pepper powder to taste
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric – pinch
Oregano – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Cashews – 1/4 cup, soaked in water for 2 hours
- Thoroughly rinse mushrooms in water. Chop and clear the stems of the mushroom to make them into cups. Preserve the stems and finely chop them.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pan, add onions and saute until light brown. Now add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, chopped mushroom stems, black pepper powder, chilli powder, oregano, turmeric, salt and saute until done and turn off the heat. This is our stuffing mixture.
- Meanwhile blend the cashews into smooth creamy paste with a pinch of salt and lemon juice in a blender. If the cashews are not prior soaked, soak them in hot water for 15 mins and make the cream.
- Scoop the stuffing mixture in spoon and stuff it into the mushroom cups, stuff more until extra on the top. Top the stuffing with cashew cream and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Bake the mushrooms in a preheated oven at 180℃ for 10 – 12 mins, serve hot and enjoy.
- Alternatively these mushrooms can be also steamed in a steamer. Cook them for 10 to 12 mins.