This cauliflower loaded vegan gratin is layered with creamy cheesy cashew blend topped with almond crumbs. It is indulgently rich and irresistibly delicious. They make an amazing side dish and can also be enjoyed as the main dish and are perfect for holidays. Delicately flavored, there is something so comforting and satisfying about a creamy savory cauliflower gratin. This recipe is completely dairy free and gluten free and is the most healthiest version of gratin you can ever make. The creamy cashews and cheesy nutritional yeast can never fail to give the ooey gooey cheesiest flavour to any dishes.
Vegan cheesy cauliflower gratin
4 to 5
- Ingredients for cheesy cauliflower :
Cauliflower – 2 ½ cups
Cashew nuts – ½ cup (soaked overnight or
soaked in hot water for 15 mins)
Nutritional yeast – 2 Tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 Tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Pepper – to taste
Water – ½ – ¾ cup
- Ingredients for crumb topping:
Raw almonds – 3 Tbsp
Nutritional yeast – ½ Tbsp
Salt – ⅛ tsp
- Soak 1/2 cup cashews overnight or soak them in hot water for 20 mins.
- Steam 2 1/2 cups of cauliflower in a steamer or soft cook them until tender in a pot of boiling water.
- In a blender jar, add 1/2 cup soaked cashews, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and around 1/2 to 3/4 cup water in increments and blend them into a fine paste.
- To prepare the crumble, in a grinder jar add 3 tbsp raw almonds, 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/8 tsp salt and coarse grind them into crumbs.
- In a casserole dish assemble the cooked cauliflower and pour the blended cashew paste on top of it and coat the cauliflower pieces well. Now sprinkle the crumb topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven for a good 25 to 30 mins until the top layer is browned. Serve and enjoy the gratin when done!