There’s nothing like mangoes which also implies that there’s nothing like mango ice cream as well, I mean, who doesn’t love mangoes 😀 And what if I tell you that this ice cream is dairy free, refined sugar free, healthy and tastes richly luscious. This ice cream is pure indulgence and will spoil you for good. Try this easy delicious mango dessert to soak into the goodness of mango.
Vegan Mango Ice cream
4 to 6 hours
Ripened Mango puree – 1 cup
Soaked cashews – ½ cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Thick coconut milk – ½ cup
Powdered Jaggery – 3 Tbsp / or sweetener of your choice ( adjust as desired )
Arrowroot powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
Lemon juice – ½ tsp
A pinch of salt
- To prepare cashew cream, soak cashews overnight or soak them for 30 mins in hot water. Drain the water and blend them into smooth paste with fresh water and keep aside.
- In a blender jar, add pureed mango, thick coconut milk, cashew cream, powdered jaggery, arrow root powder, vanilla extract, salt and blend well.
- Pour the blended ice cream mixture into a pan and bring it to simmer at low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Now transfer the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan or a closed container and keep it in freezer for 4 to 6 hours.
- Once the ice cream is set, remove from freezer and allow it to thaw for 10 mins, scoop it or have it as a soft serve and enjoy.