Pumpkin pie is an eternal classic dessert that simply stands out whenever it is made. Enjoy it during holidays or on any occasions or simply make them anytime you desire a pie because they are absolutely easy and simple to make. This vegan pumpkin pie recipe is made with oats crust and is completely gluten free. The coconut milk used in this recipe’s pie filling imparts a unique flavor making it so rich, creamy and decadent in every bite and you simply cannot get enough. Speaking of Christmas I think it’s a must make dessert that everybody will enjoy!
Classic vegan pumpkin pie
30 to 40 mins
Ingredients for crust :<br>
Oat flour – 1 cup
Palm Jaggery powder – 2 tsp (Any sweetener of your choice)
Coconut oil – 2 Tbsp
Salt – ⅛ tsp
Ice cold water – 2 – 3 Tbsp
- Ingredients for Pie filling:
Cooked pumpkin Puree – 1 cup
Palm jaggery powder – ¼ cup (Any sweetener of your choice)
Coconut milk – ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp
Arrowroot powder – 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Clove powder – a pinch
Nutmeg powder – a pinch (optional)
Pinch of salt
- For the pie crust, in a bowl add 1 cup oat flour, 2 tsp palm jaggery powder, 1/8 tsp salt and mix well. Now add 2 Tbsp coconut oil, 2 to 3 Tbsp ice cold water and combine well to form a dough crust.
- Press and spread the dough against a pie dish. The crust is ready. Bake the crust in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 12 to 15 mins.
- For the pumpkin pie filling, in a bowl add 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup palm jaggery powder, 1 tbsp + 1 tsp arrow root powder, 1/8 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, a pinch of clove , a pinch of nutmeg, 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut milk and blend well.
- To the baked crust, add pumpkin pie filling and spread evenly. Bake the pie at 180 degree Celsius in a preheated oven for 30 to 40 mins.
- When done, take it out of oven and allow it to cool. Serve with vegan ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!