Everything is just so good about this bright green vegetable which you just cannot deny. Oh yes I’m talking about broccoli! Do you have a similar feeling too? 🙂 From the taste to the texture to it’s appearance, this vegetable is a star. I’m such a lover of tandoori dishes and decided to prepare the vegan version of tandoori broccoli. Marination is an important part of tandoori cooking. Marinades of almost all tandoori dishes have yogurt as its base. I made this dish using peanut curd and and cashew cream and they turned out mouth wateringly delicious. You can make them in oven or a tawa, they taste really good and make a perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Vegan Tandoori Broccoli
2 – 3 servings
15 mins (prep) + 30 mins (marinade)
Broccoli – 250 gms
Cashew nuts cream – 1/4 cup
Vegan Curd – 1/4 cup ( I used peanut curd )
Lemon juice – 1 Tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger paste – 1/4 tsp
Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- Soak cashews in water for a minimum of 3 hours and discard the soaked water. Blend them into a smooth paste with very little fresh water and keep aside. If you are in a hurry or forgot to soak cashews in prior, soak them in hot water for 15 mins, not boiling water.
- Separate broccoli into small florets and blanch them.
- In a mixing bowl or a plate add cashew cream, vegan curd, chilli powder, pepper powder, lemon juice, cardamom powder, ginger paste, salt and combine well. Adjust the flavours as needed.
- To the above mixture add blanched broccoli florets and allow to marinade for about 30 mins.
- Grease a baking tray and arrange the marinaded broccoli pieces on it. Keep the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 mins. Alternatively this can be also made on tawa. Serve hot and enjoy!